Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Romance Spotlight: Julia

Hello everyone! Welcome to my weekly ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!
Julia from Black Tag Diaries  is here today to share a SUPER CUTE and romantic story with us. 
I hope you take a moment to stop by her awesome blog and say hi!
(Oh! And be sure to check out her Thankful Thursday linkups)

Take it away Julia!

Hi there. I'm Julia over from Black Tag Diaries. I was absolutely thrilled when Mackenzie asked me to guest post... I always love reading about her Friday night date adventures. Her posts have inspired me to try out some thrifty date night ideas of my own:)
So. A romantic story... Hmmm... let's see...
My husband Lance and I have been married for almost 8 years now... there are lots of stories...
I could tell you about how he took me to get a tattoo for our 6 year anniversary... or how he was inducted into the Husband Hall of Fame... or how he still leaves me love notes around the house.... or what 7 years of marriage looks like...
Or... I know... how about the strawberry story? It's one of my favorites... One that occurred several years ago, long before the days of marriage...
Lance and I were in college and simply smitten with each other. But we were in that awkward stage of dating... you know... when you both are crazy about each other, but not quite sure how/when to let your guard down... you know... that stage.
Anyhow... Lance had a pretty strict rule that he abided by during his college years... "No flowers for a girl... unless it's the girl I love and am going to marry."
Pretty smart rule if you ask me. Well, I remember one Valentines Day in particular when we were dating and Lance came over to my apartment with one... dozen... long... stemmed... bright... red...
...STRAWBERRIES. Yes. Strawberries. It was one of the sweetest gifts I have ever received from a guy. Those simple strawberries said so much more than "happy valentines day." Those strawberries said, "hey, I like you... a lot." But more than that, they said, "I'm a guy that stands by my word and I don't take things like 'I love you' and 'Will you marry me?' lightly..." I loved that about Lance... and is something I am still so, so thankful for.
...Because it wasn't too much longer after those strawberries, that I got the flowers... and the ring;)

Thanks so much Julia! Loved it!

See you next Tuesday with another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!

Happy Dating!

1 comment:

  1. I knew Julia was sweet,but who knew about Lance? that's a great story and a great reminder of the kind of Godly man he is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...