Image Map

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Romance Spotlight: Rachel

Hello everyone and welcome to another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT! Rachel from The Random Writings of Rachel is here to share what she and her hubby did for their first anniversary. I hope you take a minute to read all about it and be sure to stop by her blog and say hi!
Take it away Rachel!


Hi! I’m Rachel and I’ve been married a year and a half to my love, Angel. 
 My husband and I decided shortly after we got married that we’d take turns planning anniversary celebrations. I volunteered to take the first year. We were both in college when we first met (he was a senior and I was a freshman back then), and I was still in college, and, in fact, even had one class on the day we celebrated our 1st anniversary, so I decided to give our anniversary celebration a “Back to School” theme. I also wanted to go traditional with the anniversary present (1st anniversary is paper), so I bought a journal for us to share, to write to each other in. 

My husband didn’t have to work, and drove me to school on the day of our date. Before I left for class, I left him with a Test and a Reading Assignment. The Test was compiled of a whole bunch of “How well do you know your spouse?” type questions. The Reading Assignment was found in the new journal, it was a letter from me to him. He chose to add a Writing Assignment too, and wrote me a letter while he was waiting for me to get out of class. 

When my class was done, I was happy to find out that my test and assignments had gone over well, and he was excited to find out what we’d be doing next. I told him that we were going out to eat at the only restaurant we ever ate at while he was in college: Taco Bell. Where we are, Taco Bell is the cheapest place to eat out, and during my first year of college, it was the go-to place when Angel and I and our friends wanted some food. After he graduated and started working, we could afford restaurants on a slightly higher level of sophistication than Taco Bell, but I wanted to take him back there so we could remember the fun days of being in college together. At Taco Bell, we went over the test Angel had taken (I had taken one earlier), and I found, to my dismay, that he had a higher score than I did—he knew more right answers about me than I knew about him! I learned that I have to work on my research skills.

After that, we went out for “recess”—to an arcade where you can play games for quarters. Another college student-budget friendly activity! We just happened to hit the jackpot on one game and ended up getting enough tickets to redeem them for a stuffed bumblebee, which now sits proudly on a shelf in our bedroom, forever a reminder of our 1st anniversary.
 It was simple and inexpensive, but also fun, and now I can’t wait to see what Angel does for our 2nd anniversary!

Thanks so much Rachel! Loved it!
Hope you stop by again for another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!

Happy Dating!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!

    Have I mentioned that I love your blog design, Mackenzie? I think I want to trade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...