Image Map

Monday, February 6, 2012

Romance Spotlight!

I hope that everyone has noticed my weekly ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!
Every Tuesday I have a guest blogger tell a romantic story or date. 
But today I am going to be a little selfish and spotlight myself. 
Because I can. Hehehe

Hubby and I met in the Washington D.C. Dulles airport. True Story.
I was 18. Fresh out of high school and a little nervous to be moving across the county by myself. He was 21 and back from his two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Mississippi. My instructions were to "find other students going to SVU at the airport and wait with them for a shuttle". 

How the heck was I supposed to identify SVU students in a huge airport?


I held back tears as I clumsily rolled my suitcases up and down the baggage claim. It was late at night and I was alone, in an airport and city that I had never been in before. I finally gave up and sat down in one of the claims hopping that someone would find me. 

Eventually, someone did. A girl walked over to me and told me that a group of students was waiting in another claim to be picked up by the school's shuttle. Hubby was in that group. As this girl introduced me to everyone else that was waiting, I couldn't help but notice how smokin' hot this guy was. But when she got to him, all he did was look up at me and then back down to his lap top. 

Really?




Not only was I a young, nervous girl, but the people at this school I was going to attend seemed so mean! 

After a few hours of waiting, I pulled out some crackers that I had been snacking on and offered them to everyone waiting in the group. Suddenly Hubby perked up. "I'll have some!" 

Again. Really?

No greeting of any kind. Not a hello, hey, hi. Nothing. Nada. But as soon as food enters the picture, he is more than willing to talk to me. 

Who is this guy?

First impressions aren't always good ones. After our cracker exchange we got to talking and found out that he was actually very nice but never thought I would ever stand a chance with him. 
 A couple of weeks later though we found each other on campus and started dating. 



When I met Hubby, he had never kissed anyone. Ever. He always said that he wanted to save his kisses for his wife. And I just thought that was so sweet!

After we had been dating awhile, he grabbed me one night and gave me a kiss! I was thrilled but confused at the same time. 

"I thought you were going to save that for the girl you marry."

He looked me in the eye and said "I did."


The rest, as they say, is history. We were married June 23rd in the Salt Lake Temple. 
I can honestly say that I am married to my best friend and loving every minute of it. 


If you are interested in sharing a romantic story or date please let me know! It doesn't even have to be romantic.  Just any story about you and your Hubby. 
You can leave me a comment or email me at pmwhiteley (at) gmail (dot) com.

See you next Tuesday for another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!

HAPPY DATING!

Linking up:
ThankfulThursday

Thankful Thursdays Button



'

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh...what a great (and romantic) story. Better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys! You are such a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love your new blog layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. Phil!!! Too funny. And I love your wedding dress!! You look stunning as usual. I think I'm up next?! Let me know. Miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Haha Phillip.. so him. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story!! LOVE the idea of dating your spouse and all of your ideas :) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so, so cute!!! love hearing a bit of your own love story!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last photo is so gorgeous and beautiful!!! Wow :)

    Thanks again for linking up to my Thankful Thursday link-up! I loved reading this!!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet. :) Found you at Julia's blog. And I'd LOVE to share Joshua's and my story if you'd like!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...