Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Romance Spotlight: Camille

Hello everyone and welcome to another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT! Camille from Friday We're in Love is here to share a FREE date with us! I'm so excited that I "met" Camille because she blogs about dating too! So be sure and stop by her blog for some awesome date night ideas!
Take it away Camille!

Hi Fridaynightdatenight readers, I'm Camille and I blog over at fridaywereinlove.blogspot.com.  Mackenzie and I connected online and realized we were kindred spirits, both out there trying to spread the love and share date ideas.  I'm thrilled to trade a post with one another!  We talked about going with the idea of free dates, and I had a recent one come to mind that I'm so happy to share!

Did you know that most cities do a free museum night or day once a month?  Seriously, call your local museum!  We tried to hit up the Arizona Science Center on First Friday when it's free, but and it just didn't happen.  We decided we'd try and go the next month, when our lovely friend clued us into culture passes.  They are passes you can check out from the library for 2 people to get free admission to a participating museum. If you go when it opens you're almost guaranteed to get the one you want.  We were thrilled to nab one to the Science Center, and decided to forgo the First Friday madness and visit on a less busy day instead.
We hit up a pizza place on our way, then it was off to get our science nerd on for one of the funnest dates we've had!

Some dates I feel like I get to play professor and tell Jacob all about the art or the literary references, but this was one date that this cute electrical/energy engineer told me about everything we looked at.  He was like a kid in a candy store with a big smile on his face at every exhibit.  He's also the hottest tour guide I've ever had!
 He decided to make me take a picture with this, making sure I was touching it.  He couldn't stop laughing.  And I had no idea there were some valuable uses for cow dung.  Now I do, with picture to prove!
Then we played with some smart windows that help save energy.  
This was followed by a lesson for me on lighting.  Jacob is the man to ask about light bulbs, he really knows his stuff and can calculate all kinds of power savings and conversions in his head, I guess doing it for a living helps quite a bit.  I sure love that I married a smart man! 
We played with many other exhibits and learned quite a bit (well, at least I did).  

 Did you know there are more bald women than women with green eyes?  I'm a rare breed!  (Okay, I probably learned that from a Rogaine commercial for women years ago, but it sounds like I should have learned it here...right?)
One of our favorites was the bed of nails.  Man physics can really be so cool!  And I'd like to shout out to one of the best teachers I've ever had, Mr. Pa'ne for teaching me the rules I still remember and letting me walk on a bed of broken glass in class.  I'll always owe my love of science to that man! 

Jacob had a helper who really wanted to push the button for him.  He's such a nice guy to hand his life over to a toddler!
But one of the reasons we REALLY wanted to go, was for the special exhibit- Van Gogh Alive.  I know, if you've ever read my blog this won't surprise you.  If not, let me introduce you to my obsession with Vincent (here or here).  I feel like I've studied him so much we're on a first name basis here.
This part wasn't exactly free, but it was really inexpensive with the culture pass and it was optional.  The exhibit is usually $25 to get in, but with a culture pass it's only $11- double score on that one!
The exhibit really is quite the experience!  Images are projected on every crevice of the room with classical music, quotes by Vincent, and animations from elements of paintings- all designed to help you get inside the mind of Van Gogh.   I was sold the second his bedroom was dissected and I felt like I was sitting inside the room.  If you want a taste of it, you can watch a video by clicking the video tab on this website.

Luckily for every one not in AZ- it's touring and hopefully will show up at your state science center soon!  

Even if you just choose the free option this is really one fun, academic date that I think any couple would enjoy.

Thanks for letting me post Mackenzie!  Happy dating everyone!

Thanks so much Camille! Loved it!
Be sure and stop by again for another ROMANCE SPOTLIGHT!

Happy Dating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...